Swimming for Sisters
To facilitate an environment within which women/children are able to experience swimming privately & comfortably. Swimming is for women, girls, and boys 4 and under years of age.
Who: Muslimahs and BOYS 4 AND UNDER ONLY
- Our maximum number of swimmers will be 100, first-come, first-served. If you won't be entering the water, we will kindly ask that you not enter the building, since every entrant will be counted towards our total. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may cause; however, we have to comply with this for safety issues.
- If your child is 5 and under, THE MOM OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST BE IN THE WATER with the child, no exceptions.
- Please have your awrah (private areas of the body) covered, at LEAST navel to knee for sure.
Where: Hilliard YMCA 4515 Cosgray Rd. Hilliard, OH 43026
When: Second Saturday of every month, from 8:30-10:30 p.m.
What: This all-ladies zone is a perfect way to enjoy the pool in private. There are no males in the building anywhere, and the lifeguards and instructors are all female.
If you are interested in learning how to swim by a certified, female YMCA swim instructor, please email Niccwomensgroup@gmail.com
as soon as possible.
*Lessons will be once a month during the all-ladies swim night for 45 minutes. *$15 a lesson.
*The instructors will help you learn the basics of how to swim in order to save yourself in a tricky situation.
*We need 12 people for lessons, and they must be committed to come each swim night for the lesson.
*The YMCA is doing our Muslim group a favor by having these lessons for us so we can fulfill the sunnah of teaching our children how to swim.
YMCA Pool Rules
1. An adult must accompany in the water and stay within arms reach of any child 5 and under.
2. An adult must supervise any child 8 and under in the pool area.
3. Children between the ages of 9-15 are not to be left in the YMCA facility for longer than 3 hours without adult supervision.
4. Deep water testing is required for any swimmer 15 and under.
5. Hot soapy showers and thorough rinse is required before entering the pool area.
6. Proper swim attire must be worn, please no cut off jeans or colored T-shirts.
7. Infants must wear a swim diaper while in the pool; disposable diapers are not permitted in the pool.
8. Dispose of gum, food, or drink before entering pool area. Please do not bring glass containers on deck.
9. Please refrain from diving, running, dunking, pushing, pulling, or general horseplay.
10. For your safety, playing on or around ladders or drains is prohibited.
11. Please do not sit on, hang on, or swim over lane lines.
12. For safety purposes masks, fins, snorkels, and inflatable toys and floats are not permitted.
13. Noodles and other play toys and equipment may be permitted at the lifeguard’s discretion.
14. Kickboards are for instructional use only and may not be used as flotation devices.
15. Participants are not permitted in the pool area with open sores, ear, eye, or nose infections or with bandages or adhesive tape. (The YMCA reserves the right to inspect and refuse admittance for health concerns).
OBEY LIFEGUARD ORDERS and RESPECT STAFF at all times.
Supervise kids at all times, including in the bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms.
Any violator will be asked to leave the facility.
and will not be permitted to attend this event again.
Any damage done to the facility will have to be covered by the person doing the damage.
Jumma (Friday) Prayers
|No Youth khutbah during school breaks|
IQAMA SCHEDULE - 2017
of the day
Narrated Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu):
I heard Allah's Apostle (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) saying. 'Allah divided Mercy into one-hundred parts and kept ninety-nine parts of it with Him and sent down one part on earth. And because of that, its one single part, His creations are Merciful to each other, so much so that an animal lifts its hoof away from its young lest it should hurt it.